Friday, March 23, 2007

God Gives Me The Shivers

Let's take a break from the "Kopitiam Documentary" for a bit.

Caught up with a great GREAT friend today. As we were talking about life, ministry, how we're growing in God, being challenged and stretched AND amazed by Him.. you know these are the kinds of conversations where the Holy Spirit was right there, pushing His face into our faces going, "Yeah! C'mon... stir it up!!!"

God gives me the shivers....
It's NOT mere emotion, neither is it only mental persuasion.
It's an overwhelming, uncontrollable, restlessness in your spirit that spills into your emotions..

From that, it spills over into your mind to break your human-bound-mentality.
Times like these, my body goes into like a shaking/shivering mode.. NOT convulsing, mind you.. haha ;)

but.. if I could put it that... it is as if my body [almost] cannot contain what God is feeding into my spirit.

whew...
yeah!
God gives me the shivers...

Are we open enough to Him, or close enough to Him... that just a whisper from the Holy Spirit sends a shiver down our spine...

No comments: